A lawyer in our Litigation group, Laurence Bich-Carrière focuses her practice on all aspects of civil and commercial litigation.
While at law school, Ms. Bich-Carrière received the Greville-Smith Scholarship and worked as a researcher at the Quebec Research Centre of Private and Comparative Law, as a research assistant, and as a teaching assistant.
She was also involved in a number of law journals and reviews, as executive editor of the Quebec Journal of International Law, editor of the Cambridge Student Law Review, coordinating news editor of McGill University's French newspaper or cartoonist for the newspapers of McGill University's Law Faculty.
Ms. Bich-Carrière joined Heenan Blaikie as a lawyer in 2011, after articling and summering with the firm and after having worked as law clerk for the Honourable Ian Binnie at the Supreme Court of Canada. She also worked at the Hague Conference on Private International Law.
- LL.M., University of Cambridge, 2009
- B.C.L./LL.B. (Great Distinction), McGill University, 2008
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History
- Swiss Institute of Comparative Law
- The Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
Publications & Conferences
- Author, "Archives Internet : quelques problèmes de preuve -- Application particulière à la Commission des oppositions", (2014) 26:1 Cahiers depropriété intellectuelle [forthcoming in January 2014].
- Co-author, "La constitution juridique et politique du Canada: notions, sources et principes", in JurisClasseur Québec, Droit constitutionnel, coll. "Droit public", (Montréal: LexisNexis, 2011), fascicle 1
- Author, “Communication spirituelle et droit d'auteur : à qui les droits d'une œuvre littéraire dictée depuis l'au-delà ?”, (2007) 19:3 Cahiers de propriété intellectuelle 775.
- Co-author, “Le procès des pro se – quelques considérations sur l'autoreprésentation en matière criminelle”, (2007) 2 Focus justice 14.
- Co-author, Guide de style juridique/Legal Style Guide (Markham (Ontario), LexisNexis/Butterworths, 2006), 218 pages, ISBN 0 433 45363-X.