A Partner with the law firm of Heenan Blaikie, Marie focusses her practice in the areas of labour and employment law and human rights.
Marie has diversified experience in every aspect of labour and employment law and human rights. She frequently pleads before judicial and administrative tribunals, including the Commission des relations du travail and arbitration tribunals.
She has also been called upon to advise clients on issues regarding hiring and terminating employees, human rights, as well as on the interpretation and implementation of collective agreements.
Marie joined our team in 2003. Since her arrival with the Firm, Marie has occasionally been called on to work in the legal services divisions of certain clients operating in the airline, telecommunications and health care industries.
Marie is actively involved in the legal sector, having served as President of the Young Bar Association of Montreal in 2012-2013 after being a member of the association’s Board of Directors for 4 years. She is currently the Secretary and an Executive Committee member of the Barreau de Montreal. In addition, she is a member of the Executive Committee and the General Council of the Barreau du Québec, as well as a member of the Comité de liaison of the Commission des relations du travail.
Marie is also involved with the Firm’s Student and Articling Student Committee and acts as mentor.
Marie is fluently bilingual and practises law in both English and French.
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2002
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Legal consultant on arbitration matters disputing disciplinary and administrative measures as well as in connection with the application and interpretation of collective agreements.
- Legal consultant on numerous claims being heard before the Commission des normes du travail in connection with complaints for dismissals, prohibited practices, psychological harassment and pecuniary matters.
- Legal consultant on complex cases related to sexual harassment, psychological harassment as well as various forms of discrimination.
- Drafting and implementing various company policies.