Nicola Di Iorio is a partner in our Labour and Employment Law group. He joined Heenan Blaikie after being an associate professor with the Faculty of Law of the Université de Sherbrooke.
Over the course of his career Mr. Di Iorio has acquired extensive expertise in labour and employment law, human rights and administrative law. He provides services to a large number of corporations and represents them before various tribunals on all labour-management relations and non-unionized matters. He is also very active in collective bargaining in addition to providing advice and opinions on strategic manpower planning.
Beyond his legal practice at Heenan Blaikie, Mr. Di Iorio teaches labour law, administrative law and civil liberties at various institutions including McGill University and the Barreau du Québec professional training school. He previously taught these courses at the Université de Montréal, Concordia University and the Université de Sherbrooke.
Not only is Mr. Di Iorio a popular guest speaker, he also was the director of Éditions Revue de droit of the Université de Sherbrooke from 1984 to 1987 where he co-authored two books on labour standards. Morevoer, he has written a number of articles in his vast areas of expertise.
Renowned for his professionalism, Mr. Di Iorio ranks among the lawyers most frequently recommended by their peers in the annual survey conducted by Lexpert.
Nicola Di Iorio joined our firm in 1988 and became a partner in 1992.
- LL.M., Columbia University, 1983
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 1981
- American Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
Publications & Conferences
“À la recherche de l'égalité : de l'accommodement à l'acharnement,” Les accommodements raisonnables : quoi, comment, jusqu’où ? Des outils pour tous, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2007
- La bonne foi et le contrat de travail : affaire de morale ou morale d'affaires, in Pierre Paul Côté and Christianne Dubreuil, ed., La morale et le droit des affaires, Journées Maximilien-Caron 1993 (Montréal: Thémis, 1994) 139
- Les normes du travail, 2nd ed. (Sherbrooke: Éditions R.D.U.S., 1992)
- Les normes du travail (Sherbrooke: R.D.U.S., 1987)
- Le caractère minimal ou absolu du décret de la construction (1984) 15 R.D.U.S. 152