Joseph Salmon is a member of Heenan Blaikie’s litigation and condominium groups. He focuses his litigation practice on civil and commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on solicitors’ negligence, professional liability and enforcing judgments and mortgages.
As a member of Heenan Blaikie's condominium group, Joseph has extensive experience representing condominium corporations in court proceedings, mediations and arbitrations with respect to compliance and construction deficiency matters.. Joseph has also successfully addressed condominium corporations concerns and grievances with declarants and developers post-turnover and negotiated favourable settlement terms protecting the long-term interests of condominium corporations.
Joseph has been designated as Preferred Counsel by the Lawyers Professional Indemnity Company (LawPRO®), and is a regular contributor to condoreporter.com.
Joseph’s regulatory practice is focused on providing practical and strategic advice to manufacturers, importers and retailers regarding the advertising, levying and collection of environmental fees in various provinces. Joseph also assists clients facing related regulatory compliance proceedings.
Joseph is actively involved with the Toronto alumni association of Yeshiva University and was instrumental in establishing a Toronto alumni scholarship. He also sits on the board of Yeshiva University Torah Mitzion Beit Midrash of Toronto.
- J.D., York University (Osgoode Hall Law School), 2009
- B.A. (History) (summa cum laude), Yeshiva University, 2006
- Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario (ACMO)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI)
- Condominium Associations Institute (CAI)
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
Publications & Conferences
- Presenter, “It’s Raining Cats and Dogs”, Condo Group Seminar, November 8, 2012.
- Presenter, “Expanding the Asset Pool”, Mortgage Enforcement Seminar, September 27, 2012.
- Presenter, "Battle of the Proxies", Condo Group Seminar, May 9, 2012.
- Presenter, “Complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act”, Condo Group Seminars, January 19, 2012, February 9, 2012 and April 11, 2012.
- Copresenter, “Recent Developments in Fraud ”, paper presented at the Law Society of Upper Canada's Six Minute Real Estate Lawyer series, November 18, 2009.