Mélanie Sauriol is a member of our Labour and Employment Law group and also practises health law.
Her practice includes handling matters pertinent to grievance arbitration, human rights, employment standards, privacy and institutionalizations. As well, she regularly advises health and social services institutions on administrative issues related to their organization and management.
Mélanie has acquired litigation experience, in both labour and employment or health law, where she handles cases related to treatment authorizations. She appears regularly before various administrative tribunals, la Commission des relations du travail, the Commission d’accès à l’information, the Quebec Court, the Superior Court, as well as the Court of Appeal.
Ms. Sauriol first joined Heenan Blaikie in 2002 as a student and subsequently articled with us. After completing her articling, she stayed on with the firm as an associate in 2004. She completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree before pursuing her law studies at Université de Montréal during which she particularly distinguished herself by receiving several awards and prizes.
- D.E.S.S. Common law nord-américaine, Université de Montréal, 2004
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2003
- B.Com., McGill University, 2000
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
In Labour and Employment law:
- Legal advisor regarding labour and employment law matters for health care establishments.
- Legal advisor regarding labour and employment law matters and claims against former employees for the brokerage division of a bank.
- Advising representatives of various entities in order to complete their disciplinary investigations and determine the applicable measures.
- Representing employers during litigations with their employees before the Commission des relations du travail, the Superior Court or in connection with grievance arbitrations.
- Advising and representing in connection with mediations involving employers and their employees.
In Health law:
- Advising and representing before the tribunals in matters related to issuing institutional custody orders and treatment authorizations.
- Advising and representing before the tribunals regarding access to documents and the protection of personal information.
- Advising and providing support to disciplinary committees and advising doctors, dentists and pharmacists in connection with investigations of complaints against doctors and the imposition of disciplinary measures