Charles Olivier Thibeault is a member of our Health Law group. He assists institutions and organizations in Quebec’s health and social services sector with the various legal issues of their activities.
Mr. Thibeault has a rich and multi-faceted experience of the numerous legal issues related to the management of Quebec’s health institutions. He focuses his practice on internal management and organization of institutions, from both administrative and clinical perspectives, as well as relations with their stakeholders, on the negotiation and drafting of contracts, on access to information matters as well as on complaints and disciplinary measures related to health professionals.
Mr. Thibeault has been a member of the Québec Bar since 2004, and graduated in 2009 from the Master in Health Services Management programme offered by the School of Medicine of the Université de Montréal. Prior to joining Heenan Blaikie, he practised as in-house counsel for the management of a health services facility.
- M.Sc. (Health Services Management), Université de Montréal, 2009
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2002
- Barreau du Québec
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Providing advice and guidance to discipline committees, Councils of physicians, dentists and pharmacists, and boards of directors in the investigation of complaints against doctors and the imposition of disciplinary sanctions.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of contracts for the lodging of elderly people and people with mental health issues.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of various contracts and requests for proposals for service and supplies.
- Advice and representation before the courts on access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information.
- Advice, and representation before the courts for the issuance of court orders for the confinement in an institutions and authorization to compel the provision of medical care.
- Drafting and reviewing policies and internal procedures.
- Providing advice and guidance to an institution in setting up a community pharmacy.
- Assistance to an institution for its application to be designated as an “affiliated university centre” by the Minister.
- Providing advice and guidance to an institution in a police investigation involving its employees.
- Summary of services offered by the Health Law Group.